luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mommy Mistake - How To Fix? Took Away 5yo's Birthday Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I agree. You can't let her suck all your time....it's not fair to you, your DH, your other children, or yourself. If you think that she has emotional issues, step 1 would be to get those figured out and a treatment plan. It would also make it easier for you, because then you don't have it in the back of your mind "well, is she just being manipulitive, or is this some medical issue." Then you need to find a way to consistantly respond to her tantrums to make them counterproductive for her. If they are counterproductive she will throw WAY less of them. I know it's easier said than done and that it won't be an easy road for you to travel, but I think it's important for your family's wellbeing.
Agreed. You need a behavior plan, and it sounds like she needs a major lifestyle adjustment. A good therapist should be able to help you. And, if you aren't impressed with the first person you call, don't be afraid to change. We spent a year with a crappy one because I was too chicken to change, and I am kicking myself.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote