View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #49
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Your least favorite cliche said to parents?

Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
Not the poster your responding too but I am going to use one of the dreaded cliches- if you find the right balance it will get better. DD's first year was a nightmare- even her doc blew me off saying she had colic. She never smiled- and I mean NEVER. We got her to laugh once, but we had to work really hard for it. She cried all the time, for hours and hours. There was nothing we could do. Before her we wanted 2 kids, but after we said no way. There is no way we could have another kid and do this again. BUT then at 1 we switched docs and finally got her dairy sensitivity diagnosis. Our lives literally changed overnight. She just stopped crying. With in 2 weeks of getting her off of dairy she smiled for the first time- I broke down in tears. She was just playing on the floor and she smiled. She gained weight, she started doing things. She had to have 2 years of PT to catch up with her gross motor- poor baby was always in too much pain to even try to accomplish milestones. She wasn't crawling or sitting unsupported by 1. She was a completely different child. We always consider her high maintenance, but once her issues were taken care of she isn't at all a high maintenance child. And while we were still hesitant to have another child we did when she was 3. It was one of the best things we have ever done. Ds so far has been the complete opposite. He is healthy, happy and so easy its ridiculous. Of course we could find him so easy because dd was so hard. We have said- never in dd's hearing- that if he had been first we'd probably have 4 kids by now. I can almost guarantee that we wouldn't have willing stopped at 2.
That's worse than we have it for sure! I've had several people ask if maybe he had a lactose sensitivity. He goes back in a few weeks for his 6 month check up and I will definitely be asking about it bc there are some days when I seriously think that I could just pull every single strand of my hair out! I'm hoping for some kind of relief soon. If something doesn't give soon, I'm going to try the original pediatrician I wanted to take him to who's an hour and a half from me but if it would solve the problem, it would be completely worth it!

I often catch myself wondering, "well if we had another, he/she could be 'the perfect baby'" but then I think to myself, "he/she could also be just as bad." Even though it has been so incredibly hard, I'm really saddened by how fast my baby boy is growing and changing. He amazes me every day. I think one day (many, many years from now), we may consider another but not right now for sure.

Speaking of my original cliche; my son is about 5 & 1/2 months old and I got asked AGAIN today by my great aunt, "it's about time for another one isn't it???" I almost blurted out, "No, I'm not your grandson... If I do choose to have another I want there to be some sort of age gap." I'm not downing anyone who has children close together, please don't think that. It just really annoys me that people think that we automatically think we want another right away.
Wife to my hubby since 2010. Vaxing, CDing, baby wearing mommy to one beautiful baby boy

Last edited by O'sMommy:); 11-15-2012 at 09:59 PM.
O'sMommy:) is offline   Reply With Quote