View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DO Nursing Tanks Affect Supply?

Just wondering if these can affect supply more than a good-fitting nursing bra that has cups.

I am having similar trouble as another mama on here. for me many times it has seemed that the trouble is when I am wearing a nursing tank. I usually wear one every day it just seems by the end of the day my milk supply is so low.

I don;t know if it is when I am tired (I was up several times during the night last night with baby - then no rest today really. i tend to just plow ahead full steam until evening.

Or if it is just him what he will do has been going on for a few months at least:
he cries and pulls off because he doesn't want to wait for let down and even if he gets that far he wants to nurse for much longer than the milk lasts. He ends up screaming in frustration

He will take a paci after the feeding which helps a lot and gets him to burp.

Last night he was extremely upset around 1:25am and he had just been up @ 11:00 before that to eat. I could not get him to go back to sleep so ended up sleeing in the rocking chair holding him for an hour while we both slept.

Is this just his growth spurt? With my other kiddos i always had plenty of milk so they could just keep eating all evening long. it took some work on their part but each time i woudl feed i was able to get a small let-down, even it it were 20 mins. later.

with this baby i really have to work at it! And he doesnt seem willing to keep trying. So sometimes there is just no let down and i have to put the paci in and try to get him to go back to sleep for a bit so my body can catch up. Sometimes I get the feeding to work. Sometimes it is me, and when i relax and put it away, then the milk finally flows and he can get some.

I don know what to do. this is my 4th baby to nurse. with my others i was able to nurse until at least 12mos. This one is so confusing!!

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 11-15-2012 at 09:03 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote