View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
dnh
Registered Users

too much solids?

my ds is 5 1/2 months old and we introduced solids at 4 1/2 months. not to really feed him or supplement in anyway, but just to give him tastes of some of the things he would be eating soon. and the fact he would freak out when dh and i would eat.

everything we tried he absolutely loved and after a certain amount i would not give him any more and he would scream his head off. im sure it was pretty impossible that he was still hungry. i think he just liked it so much he didnt want it to end.

i was convinced it was too much so i looked up portion sizes and everything i read was to feed baby until he decides he is done. i tried this the next day with papaya and he ate two really big pieces. a little bigger than my hand! i cut him off once again and he screamed for more. i thought it might have been because it was sweet so i tried chayote (squash) with carrot. same thing.. took down 6oz. before i stopped him.

i ed him this way for about 3 weeks and then one day we had a crazy crazy schedule and i didnt get to feed him the solids.. and he did fine. so i tried again ebf and for the past 2 weeks things have been fine so i am starting to think i shouldnt have introduced anything to begin with.. but he took so much maybe he needs it? ahh is there a much thing as too much solids at one sitting?

any and all advice/suggestions welcome!
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote