Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #140
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
My son will be just shy of 4 by the time we could possibly give him a sibling (I'm due 12 days before his birthday). It's gonna be like learning it all from scratch.
Don't worry, it's not quite like "from scratch" - it's not like the first time all over again! There will be all those wonderful things that you have forgotten itties do - like their sweet milky breath... and how they pass out after nursing... and their adorable little scrunchy stretches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
But diapering I feel like a newbie especially since there is so much new stuff in the CDing world!
Diapering itties is so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
You need quite a lot of diapers if you only do laundry every 3 days.

Elena-YAY for making that first step! You can do this!!!!
Thank you! I'm feeling better after that first appt - and so silly, that them moving to the other side of the building made that much of a difference, but I'll take it!
I'm still anxious about the u/s, but I think DH and I both will be until we get through it, kwim? That's just such a HUGE thing for us this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
Would you say 4 dozen prefolds for a newb is sufficient for laundry every 3 days?
Definitely

I had 32 or 33 diapers for Levi (that fit right away, I mean, a combo of NB and smaller smalls) and that was plenty for washing every 3 days - we never ran out or even really low.
I bought 4 more when pregnant with Elli, and I will get another few nb piddle poddles (only have 2 and would like to at least round out the half dozen)... hmm... thinking about that, I wouldn't mind rounding out the 2 xs FBs to a half dozen too. stupid OCD.
But, honestly, I don't need these diapers, I just want them, kwim?
From my experiences, 3-4 dozen is plenty.

AFM: 5:30am - party in Hiccup's womb Seriously. I woke up wondering what woke me, then felt kicks and thumping around in there
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote