View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #168
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post

Daisy's hanging in there. I have been trying to gently tell dh that she is fading, all week. Last night the denial lifted and he saw what I was trying to say. He was so upset and it was so hard. They are like our first kids. We took them to high school football games, in our hoodie pockets. Took them on vacations, car rides, everywhere. Daisy is uncomfortable, enough that she doesn't really want to sit in his lap for very long anymore. She struggles to move around. I have gotten her to eat canned food, dinner last night and breakfast/lunch today. I decided a big spoonful 3x a day would be better for her. Getting her to drink is harder, hoping the wet food will help with that. She's not wheezing as bad today and her eyes are a bit brighter now that she's got some food in her. I know she must not have been eating as she was vomiting bile yesterday. Put some potty pads out so that she doesn't have to potty outside if she doesn't want to and we're just trying to make her comfortable. When she stops desiring food or seems to be in too much pain we'll take her to the vet. For now, we're just loving on her as much as we can and waiting. I hate the waiting.
sweetie. My DH has struggled so with losing our dog, and it surprised him. He was not a dog person, so he was really shocked with how hard it was when she was gone. To the point where he is not sure when he will be ready for another dog. Whereas I was ready right away (long hours alone in a rural house do that to a woman).

It is so hard to have to make that decision. Just know that making that decision is a huge act of love for a dog that is so dear to you. Totally crying now, thinking about our sweet dog. Hang in there, woman.