Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me love this!

First of all I moved from a major city out to DFs farm and the adjustment was HARD. Luckily not so hard for DS because he's only 5 and loves all the space to play.
I definitely think the first several months were the hardest, getting a routine. I don't homeschool, and I work outside of my home. I've been on the farm since June so I didn't do much canning or gardening this summer since it was so late and I think it was a good thing, by the spring I'll be more settled and ready to add that to my load.
Could you prioritize and decide whats most important to finish first? Like first not worry SO much about making *everything* from scratch and instead get the homeschool routine down, then that would give you more time to think about trying to fix things up? Maybe if FIL starts seeing how nice things look cleaned up it will help him want to let you do more?
Our farm was my IL's who built their dream house up north when they retired from the farm. I have slowly changed things because I know it's hard for DF. First took down wall paper in the hallways. Hopefully by the summer I can get the kitchen wall paper down. Even choosing a place for a fire pit was hard for him since he'd grown up here and liked it the way it was. I told him we'd 'just try it here' and that if in a few weeks he didn't like it we could change it, and ofcourse he hasn't said anything about it since
I hope things get easier for you, we are always here if you need to vent