Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #1139
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar

Yes My gravy never turns out how I want it, though.

Well then, I will need to pick YOUR southern brain too for recipes!

Exactly

Three pages of chatter and apparently I only quoted food talk?! haha priorities.

Went to lunch with DH and DS and then went shopping. Got some jammies, some sweat pants, and some shoes, all for DS. Waiting for DH to get home for the weekend and for rain to come!

Mel your smittens are so cute. And Mindy, what your kids say makes me excited to hear more of my DS talking, it's like a taste of what's to come.
Ok country fried steak:
Eggs mixed with buttermilk to bathe the meat
Cubed steak
Extra light olive oil on medium heat
All purpose flour with lots of black pepper and seasoned salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, and some cayenne pepper. Enough of the spices so that the flour doesn't look white anymore.
Wet the meat and flour it really well. Some people double dip them but I just flour them really well. Put the meat in the skillet, I use cast iron, and don't flip until its pretty golden. You have to adjust the heat or change the grease depending on how many steaks you cook.
I'll have to look up my gravy recipe. I just sort of shake and stir with the gravy, but the pioneer brand packet kind is ok too.