View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
kileysmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Unsupported post-partum?

DD2 was in the NICU so I needed a lot of help initially just b/c I couldn't physically be in 2 places at once. DH went back to work by the end of the week when we knew she was stable and she was in the NICU for a total of 18 days. I had to rely on a lot of help that I might typically have preferred not to accept, but I had no choice. When she came home, I had relatively little help from family. MIL/FIL left for a 3 week vacation while DD2 was still in the hospital,and my mom watches my sister's kids. My sister works evenings and had a 2.5 yo and a 1 yo at the time so obviously there was only so much she could do. I was a little upset though when her first day off after DD2 was discharged she went on a bar crawl, and my mom watched her kids...but we won't go there. I'm fortunate to have a great extended family that did make us some meals and a couple of really amazing friends who didn't necessarily help me per se, but would do stuff with us and that kept DD1 occupied which was a HUGE help.
This time around I'm having a c/s so DH will be home for 2 weeks, and then I'll probably be on my own. I'll probably get a few meals again, and hope to able to hang out with my previously mentioned friends and their kiddos at their house or ours until i'm able to be out and about more. I'm a little concerned about how that will work especially in February, but we'll figure it out .
kileysmama is offline   Reply With Quote