View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Giant Osocozy prefolds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbysparkles View Post
My almost 15 pound, 10 week old son is barely squeezing into his Osocozy size 1 prefolds. So I prepped a package of Osocozy size 2 and they are HUGE! Initially his size 1's were big but I just folded over the top and it worked fine. We only use prefolds at home but geez louise... they are GINORMOUS! Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking of ordering some GMD since they are sized but really don't want to spend a lot of money on prefolds.

Thanks!
Okay, so companies like GMD and DiaperRite just took standard sized prefolds like yours and started making them shorter so parents did not have to fold them down, and reduce bulk. So all you need to do is serge a couple inches off one end. Know anyone witth a serger? I think you want them about 15 inches long (I am assuming they are about 13" wide when shrunk). That would make them the right size.

Also, it works great to trifold your smaller ones to make them last longer. I could easily use 10"x12" prefolds trifolded the long way until my kids were 18 pounds

Last edited by Melinda29; 11-17-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote