View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
mommygraham
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I realize not all of us cloth diaper purely for economical reasons, but I found t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf View Post
Don't forget to add a toilet flush or two to the cost of disposables, since you are supposed to flush poop. Also, having to pay for a larger garbage can to hold all of the diapers that are thrown away.

I have a FL washer with an onboard heater. Diaper laundry costs me very little.
should be the same amount of toilet flushes. I flush the poop whether it came from a cloth dipe or sposie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
That seems really high and doesn't really take into account the difference between regular machines and HE machines. I haven't really paid all that much attention but our electric and water didn't seem to go up all that much when YDD was born and I"ll have to compare bills now that she is using the potty. I really can't see the whole thing (electric and water) going down by $45.
I agree, it is high. I have a really old top loader and an electric dryer and enough dipes to last washing 3x/week. All those together make it more expensive for me. Many factors can totally bring that monthly cost down (better washer, gas dryer, sunny place to line dry etc). So it definitely does not cost everyone a high amount.