View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When do you start planning for the next "year"

Part of the reason I have a general plan for such a long time is because I have to buy cheap/used so I am always on the lookout for things on my wishlist. I have things here that I found on a good price that my kids won't use for 5 years yet. (Actually I bought them for my oldest but he decided to go back to PS, and the price was too good for me to sell them and rebuy closer to time, and they aren't something that will become outdated). If there is anything expensive I need or I haven't found cheap for the coming year, I buy it at income tax time. So I buy in Feb for fall or whenever we get done with what we are working on.

Here is my line up:
Math: McRuffy (we hope to use this until 5th grade as long as Brian stays ahead of us) and we will then switch to Teaching Textbooks

Language Arts: This is one that I have not set in stone quite yet as far as plans go. Right now we are using Total Reading workbooks. I have all the Writing Strands, but won't begin them until about 4th or 5th grade with my littles. I found they work better if you wait on those (we will start with book 3). I have Easy Grammar, but I'm not sure I'm in love with it, and think I may just stick with the TR workbooks for grammar and reading comp. until middle school. Then I have Lightning Lit for 7th and 8th grade. I will let the kids choose their high school LA work for the most part.

Science, Social Studies, Art and Music we are following the Core Knowledge Sequence for, then we will move into Prentice Hall Science Explorer for science and Glencoe books for Social Studies. Art and Music will become interest led and I will buy what ever they have an interest in then.