Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: baby fever already? am I nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I might get flamed for this, but I'm going to be the first to say that it is NOT a good idea to TTC within 2 years of a previous pregnancy. You're asking for trouble. Now I am not the greatest example because I accidentally got pregnant 15 months pp, but I wasn't happy about it, for the sake of my health and the health of my nursing baby and unborn/potential child. In healthy traditional cultures, children were deliberately spaced 2.5 to 4 years apart with a combination of breastfeeding and abstinence. (and sometimes plural wives, but that's another issue..)
Building a baby is a LOT of work and stress on the body, and takes a lot of materials OUT of your body. Breastfeeding or not, you need TIME to rebuild those stores of nutrients to conceive and build a healthy child and have a healthy pregnancy and less complications for you. Studies have shown that children who are closely spaced have more health problems than those spaced further apart. Although to me it's just common sense.
I understand wanting another, but please wait for your health and the health of your children.
I fully agree with this, and I will admit that I don't "get it". I just had a baby 6 months ago, and I am totally into HER, and can't imagine wanting another one right now. While I love squishy newborns and all the excitement that comes along with a pregnancy, I would not want to take anything away from her by rushing into another baby.

Your really pretty young and have plenty of time for 2 more children. I don't understand the rush.