View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #28
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Is more than 18% gratuity expected? Im confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
This probably isn't going to end pretty..the thread.

For me I tip a min of 20% unless horrible service. So normal to good gets 20% maybe a bit more, I round up. Excellent gets anything from 23% to 30% Depends on how excellent. One thing or whole time.

My idea of horrible service is very bad. I am a former server and am very forgiving and relaxed as a customer.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Same here. We usually tip at least 20%, but we are very relaxed and forgiving customers like you. I understand when someone is just having a bad day and that mistakes happen, but most people can tell a difference between that and when someone is just a jerk, and I adjust accordingly. I'm usually more generous than not, but I have no problem cutting that generous tip if they are just bad servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
My local buffet allows children under 2 to eat free. They charge a discount kid's price from 2 to 12. That is crazy to charge for a full price when the child is basically eating off Mom or Dad's plate.
Yeah, he was only 6 months old, he wasn't even regularly eating solid food yet, let alone enough to pay for an entire meal. All I did was grab some peaches and peas for me to eat, and gave him one slice of mashed up peach (which he at maybe half of) and maybe 4 or 5 individual peas off my plate. I would understand even if he was maybe a year old or so, and we actually got him his own plate, then I wouldn't mind paying for it, but that isn't what we did.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 11-18-2012 at 01:49 AM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote