View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #6
thoennes6
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you Survive in Same town as Parents/In Laws?

I'm sorry that is terrible. We live about 10 minutes from my in-laws. I rarely see them anymore. We used to see them all the time when we were the only ones with kids. Since my bil has had kids she wacthes his 2 all the time and never has time to see my kids unless they need help on th.eir farm. So that means they usually only see my 2 boys and ignore my dds. While my older kids have asked why they don't spend time with their grandparents much anymore the baby has no clue. I don't know what to tell them. When we try to go out there my bil and his wife and kids are always there which means my kids get ignored because my mil is too busy with bil kids. (bil and sil don't take care of their own kids when mil is around)
I have bad feelings about this because before bil had kids they had time for my kids now they don't. We have not told my in laws that our yds has ADD because they don't believe things like that exsist. So they don't know that we have choosen to medicate him. My family does know and sees a huge difference in him. I won't tell inlaws for fear they will say things like yours have said.
In your situation I would keep my kids away and move as soon as possible. Im sorry you are going through this.
thoennes6 is offline   Reply With Quote