View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #21
nicolemariep
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there such a thing as a nice way to...

I kind of think it comes with the territory of free child care from family. If you want everything your way, you may just be better off sucking it up and paying for care. Free family care is not an employer/employee relationship where you get to call all of the shots.
Hiring a babysitter is. Family can be so complicated

My mom has the same problem feeding my kids junk. I totally call her out on it, but I don't demand that she stop. (She only watches my kids VERY occasionally.) I just mention to her, "So, Logan told me that you guys had cookies for a snack AND ice cream for dessert. He rats you out you know!" She is usually a little sheepish and lays off the junk a little bit the next time. She knows I don't usually care if she picks ONE treat to share with they boys, but the constant junk drives me a little batty.

Is part of the problem that they don't know how your family eats/how you expect your kids to eat? I have friends that feed their own kids stuff as bad/worse than you listed because that's normal for them. Maybe seeing how healthy you eat would be a bit of a wake up call for what you expect with your kid.