jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kids' schedule when YOUR sick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmom View Post
I would probably go.

On another topic, the Epi pen I wanted to share what I have done with my dd. When I RSVP I explain that dd has an Epi pen and thus I am able to stay with her to avoid the parent being put into an uncomfortable situation. This has led to me learning that one mom was a nurse, another had an older child with an Epi pen and one mom asked me to stay but asked if I could teach her how to use it for future reference. Other moms ask me for safe brands of ice cream so dd can eat it (I always send a cupcake)
I ordered the practice Epi pen from the website and taught dd how to use it, she is 7 and has been practicing for 2 years, it also comes in handy for teaching other parents.
The first round of school birthdays I stayed but as we are in our 3rd year of school I am leaving her now as many of the parents know her and are comfortable with the Epi pen. My dd is also very good about not being able to eat the same things as her friends
We do have the practice pen and have been teaching dd. I ended up talking to several parents who asked questions about food. One surprised me with the precautions she says she is taking at home- having her dd wash face, and hands and teach before leaving the house after eating PB. She has always been kind of stand offish so i was surprised that they were taking such good precautions. I brought popcorn (the snack for the party) and cupcakes so we were covered. The mom did not include any peanut stuff but there was milk- not a big deal since its only a sensitivity most of the parents don't even know about the dairy because dd doesn't eat anything from other people anyway.