View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NTNP November 18th - 24th

AOTW: We started the tradition 2 or 3 years ago with my mom and sisters of getting together on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and cooking all of our food together. We have more hands to chop, watch food on the stove/oven, watch kids, and can spend time together. We started it shortly after my grandma passed away so that we could be able to teach each other our signature recipes. My grandma was notorious for making dressing and it's sad to say that when she passed so did the recipe. Now we have no excuse because we are all around to watch/help each other with the cooking.

We also started spliting lunch with both my family and my in-laws (well...actually only half of them since DH's parents are divorced). We eat, very selectively, an early lunch with my family and a late lunch with his. This worked great last year because if we hadn't done this I wouldn't have been able to eat with both sides before going into labor. My DS was born Thanksgiving night last year....labor actually started around 4 PM.

AFM: Expecting AF this week. It always ruins my holidays, birthday, and anniversary.....every one! Anyway, also trying to decide how to decorate DS's first birthday cake. Any suggestions? He's not extremly interested in anything but bluegrass music.....go figure?! The boy claps his hands and sort-of dances if he hears a banjo. FIL is comming in with GF on Tuesday night and staying for a week, which may turn out to be a great thing if AF is as bad as it usually is.....glad I have my Rx painkillers ready if needed.