View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady
So I was talking to DH, and I mentioned blue cabinets, and he didn't immediately scoff at the idea, but asked for pictures to get an idea of what I was talking about.

I was thinking this blue on the bottom cabinets:

...and a taupe color like this on the upper cabinets:

I think those two colors would look good with the trim and the existing paint color (in the above photos I posted), as well as the cream counters which we can't afford to replace. I was also thinking of putting up a beadboard back splash, b/c that is something I could easily do myself, and it would go with the beadboard in the cabinet doors. Also, I LOVE open shelving, so I was thinking of taking the doors off of the two cabinet between the corner cabinet and the refrigerator, and if I put beadboard up inside the back of them and painted it, that it would look really cool.

What do you think? Should I still paint the island darker, or do you think the blue would look okay on it? I think the blue and the color of our trim would match well, but I'm not sure if that is too much. Kwim?
That blue/grey kitchen is beautiful!
I would probably do top and bottom cabinets in the grey and the island in the taupe.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote