View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone have painted cabinets with wood colored trim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
So I was talking to DH, and I mentioned blue cabinets, and he didn't immediately scoff at the idea, but asked for pictures to get an idea of what I was talking about.

I was thinking this blue on the bottom cabinets:

...and a taupe color like this on the upper cabinets:

I think those two colors would look good with the trim and the existing paint color (in the above photos I posted), as well as the cream counters which we can't afford to replace. I was also thinking of putting up a beadboard back splash, b/c that is something I could easily do myself, and it would go with the beadboard in the cabinet doors. Also, I LOVE open shelving, so I was thinking of taking the doors off of the two cabinet between the corner cabinet and the refrigerator, and if I put beadboard up inside the back of them and painted it, that it would look really cool.

What do you think? Should I still paint the island darker, or do you think the blue would look okay on it? I think the blue and the color of our trim would match well, but I'm not sure if that is too much. Kwim?
I recognize that top photo! It's in my houzz ideabook, too.

How much contrast is there in the taupe and your cream countertops? That would be my determining factor as to what to paint where. I think that you could get away with doing the top and bottom that blue since your kitchen is so open and the countertops are cream. Do the island taupe to help transition into the great room and do the inside of the open uppers taupe to bring it together.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt as I lust after this kitchen here:
http://www.houzz.com/photos/188997/C...spaceQuestions