Thread: Help me please
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
R055ANA
Registered Users

Re: Help me please

Hey there shanisimms! How awesome that you found out about EC a wk ago and already you are getting success w/ catching the #2. This is terrific. I would rather catch poos any day over pees because they are mess for both parent and baby.

It's great you want to try to start catching the pees now too. I used prefolds w/ my youngest DD. It worked out well because I could tell when the prefold was wet and easily remove it. I liked using a prefold w/o a cover when at home because it was easy to remove and offer the potty.

I know your DD isn't giving you cues when she needs to pee but you can try different things like taking her to the potty @ certain intervals (every 30 minutes in the AM and every hour in the PM).

Some easy times to get a catch are when she awakes (for the morning, after a nap). Before a change in activity like when you get home from an outing, before/after a bath, when getting ready for bed and before/after eating lunch/dinner.

You can slowly start to try to increase the # of pee catches.

It might also be helpful to introduce a cue sound in case you haven't already. Many ECing parents use the PSSSSS sound for pees and grunt for #2. This will be helpful because it will let your DD know she should try to go now and also when she is able and wants to she can use the cue sound to let you know she needs to eliminate.

Congrats on all the progress so far mama!!
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote