View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
Candy Lee
Registered Users
seller

Re: WHY are MILs so terrible?

My MIL is very loud and outgoing and flamboyant (and so is my SIL)!!! We don't really see eye to eye, but they live in another state, and that works well for us. To be honest, not many people like my MIL. . . I have had SO many people tell me that she gets on their nerves. I honestly feel sorry for her, because she has no idea.

She has not ever been a good grandmother to my children, though, and that DOES bother me. It's more of a show to her, as in she does things just so people will think she's an amazing grandmother, but when no one is looking, she couldn't care less about them. My SIL also doesn't have anything to do with them, and my FIL just goes along with the two of them. He is a wonderful person, but my children will sadly never be close to him.

My DH does not get along with his mom at all. He really just tolerates her. My parents call him the son they never had (I am an only child), and he loves them equally as well. They have a great relationship. My mom goes out of her way to make up for his mom's absence, and they are wonderful grandparents to our children.