View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
My Mood:
Re: Are we stuck in the 1950's???

Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
I am probably the most self-less person when it comes to putting everyone ahead of me...but I seriously consider the immediate time after giving birth a time in which a woman should be concerned with healing and mothering.

Sometimes I just feel like we treat our men like children who need to be coddled. They're grown and should be able to understand that "making them feel special" is not a top priority when baby comes.
I personally, in my own opinion, agree with you. I noticed that it's more of a faith based site. Which is fine. I have many friends who follow a certain "biblical" aspect and take this whole heartedly. Works for them. I'm of the same faith, but not into this personally. My husband is a grown man, not the newborn. He's more than able to fend for himself for 6 weeks, if not, well it was going to be a long 6 weeks
Terra: Independent woman, wife to Eric , mother to David & Aaron
Deeply spiritual, follower of Christ, connnected to my Native American spiritual roots. Over-thinker on life!
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote