View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
Antebellum
Banned

My Mood:
Re: What nice things will you do for strangers this holiday season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmom77 View Post
Last Christmas, my 2 youngest children were in the NICU and had been for well over a month by that point. It sucked. To be honest, I know that we did all of the Christmas traditions at home because I insisted on doing it for DD1, but I actually don't remember any of it. I have PTSD from our NICU experience. The day after Christmas last year, I found a basket of mom goodies (body wash, lotion, lip gloss, etc.) next to my DS's NICU crib with a note that said, "To a NICU Mom, From a former NICU Mom." That's what I actually remember from last Christmas. It just meant so much to know that someone else had lived it and survived it and was thinking of me even though we had never met.

This year, I'm organizing a very grass-roots drive for NICU baby and mom gifts. I've asked my friends, family, and co-workers to help me buy and gather things for families with babies in the NICU and my DH and I will be "paying it forward" by delivering them to 2 different NICUs this Christmas.
Where in VA are you? We are in Richmond and I would love to try and gather more people to help you with this, I had a NICU baby as well and know what a heart breaking time it can be.
Antebellum is offline   Reply With Quote