Thread: PPD?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy
I'm still unsure. I don't feel the same way about my 7 week old that I did/do about my almost 2 year old. But the toddler was my first born. I was frustrated last night with the baby, she had been fussing all day long and did so until 4am. She wants to be held all the time and I am resenting it. I want to spend time with my toddler without the baby, and a shower would be nice. I love her, obviously. But that overwhelming feeling of love isn't there like it was with my first. Thoughts?
Its hard having a newborn, period. But especially if the baby is your second or more child. You might feel like your toddler feels left out or that he/she got his/her baby hood stolen because of the new baby. Or, that you cant get anything done, the new baby takes up all of your time plus you have another child to spend time with too. Or, you might be thinking, "I love my first child SO much how can I love my second just the same?" All of those feelings are normal when you have a new baby in the picture.
But, maybe, feeling like you resent your baby isnt.
I felt the same way. I talked to a friend of mine who then mentioned I should speak to my doctor. I did that and I was so glad. My doctor didnt make me feel ashamed that I felt resentful towords my baby. I was prescribed Prozac and once it was in my system I felt soooo much better. I was able to handle stressful situations, like my baby crying all the time. And, I had more energy. Plus, I wasnt sobbing at the drop of a hat anymore.
Talk to your doctor about any concerns you might have, you wont regret it.
Also, about getting to shower, If my baby was awake I would put him in his swing in the bathroom and have my toddler daughter shower with me.
Or, I would shower while baby took a nap and before my toddler woke up in the morning.
Just some ideas!

I hope you feel better soon!