View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Help. Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
32% sounds sufficient. But I'm also not an OB or a medical person. :-)

If it were me, I'd start by explaining to the OB that I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of interventions all piled together, and that before I'd feel comfortable moving forward with those options, I need to understand the situation much more clearly. And I'd ask her for resources on understanding the condition she thinks you have, ask if there is a way to confirm her diagnosis or if its one that's only confirmed by seeing your body respond to treatment. I'd ask her for literature on the risks of these interventions, information on the benefits, and ask what could happen if you and your partner waited for six months and kept trying other options before you go this route.

Then once you've felt satisfied that you've exhausted the other options you want to try, and that you have the information you need, you might have a different perspective on this option. If you even still need it. :-)

How have you been tracking your cycles? Have you been charting your cervical mucous and waking temp? Six months worth of that sort of data would be very enlightening. The "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book is a great one if you don't already know about it.

I've asked a ton of questions but it just seems like she's trying to push medication on me. We were just starting to try and she told me I'd probably need medication to conceive. I ignored and we started trying. 5 months in we didn't get a positive and she was wanting to start me on fertility meds. I wanted to wait b/c really....5 months isn't terribly long. The end of November marks a full year of TTC and she started me on meds by pushing and pushing and pushing until I finally agreed on November 5th. She got flustered and acted like I was from space when I asked about going a more natural route and then she ignored my question and went on to say, "so this is what we're going to do....start provera Nov 5 after you have a blood preg test on the 1st and it's negative....we are pretty sure of this because you didn't ovulate in October (by way of low progest in bloodwork)." She acts like my opinions don't matter and she's the expert so that's what I'm to do.

I use opk's. I've no idea how to track my cycles. I know a little about cervical mucous and nothing about charting temp. I've heard of but never read that book. I'll check into it. Thanks