View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Help. Does OB's plan sound right? How can I go the natural route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
What's weird is I could NOT get clomid or anything even after years of trying and 70 day cycles. It's so weird how different drs work.
Yes. Definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
Why don't you get a second doctor's opinion?
She's asked 3 other OB's opinions and they all seem to have the same basic opinions...I'm not sure where to even start as far as OB's in our new area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
The standard - as I've understood it from talking to my friends - around my area is that couples try for one full year before their doctor will suggest/allow intervention. Unless one of you is over a certain age or there are known factors that could interfere with fertility. So it does seem odd to me that she's so set on starting medication right away. But maybe she's counting back for you to back in 2011 when you were NTNP.

And totally get that book! You can probably find it cheap on amazon, eBay, or maybe even at your library. And there is a computer program you can get that keeps track f your data and does the charting for you. I loved it!

We used it for over two years while tta, and then on our first try got pg with dd. I haven't been doing t this time around bc my sleep is so crazy which can throw off temps. But I've been going just on cervical mucous and my dd is 18 mos and so far no baby #3. (

Although I am on cd 35.... 0_o waiting for AF or a BFP)
To the bolded. That's what she told me too BUT she's not exactly going with it herself it seems. I looked on amazon and found one for $13. I will place an order tomorrow probably. I had MASSIVE amounts of white mucous two days before starting provera and then it turned to massive amounts of EWCM for a day then I started provera and within 3 days it was all gone. I was so confused. I probably O'd then and missed an egg! Darn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
One thing you might consider as well, is whether her approach is a good fit for your goals when it comes to birthing as well. I would assume that her style and approach would transfer over to how she handles prenatal care and labor/delivery, so that's important to consider as you're thinking about the kind of birth you're aiming for. Obviously you can't control every minute detail, but being "in sync" with your care provider and having that foundation of mutual trust and respect goes a long way to making for a positive birth experience.
I delivered Ds with them. Basically you see whoever is available unless you request someone. I request her because she seemed to be giving solid good advice before. All the other one's I've seen don't seem to really be into their patients. They don't remember you (and neither does she, really). Each time I go in I explain to her what's been going on and she flips back through and reads my file then goes "Ok, so you've done...?" and it's like she really doesn't remember me at all.

Delivery with Ds was just ok...the OB who delivered him had me pushing before I was fully dialated at almost 10cm to soften it up more and then she had me pushing for 1.5 hour on my back and I didn't need to push yet. It wasn't time. I told her it wasn't but she ignored me because she was in a hurry. After 1.5 hours she told me to take a break and tried to get me to do a c section that she'd have to squeeze me into between the one in at that moment and the girl scheduled after the one in there but could do it easily which made me nervous so I refused and she seemed annoyed. When she came back a couple of mins later, she had me lay on my side and push. I didn't need to yet and told her so. She told me to push anyway. Ds's head wasn't even in the canal yet. Suddenly almost 2 hours of pushing later I got that sudden urge that it was time to push and I needed to push so I pushed and he was born with 3 quick pushes. She pulled the placenta out instead of letting it be delivered. She tossed him on me and didn't even look where she was tossing and he almost slid right off of me to the floor. I had to catch him.

After typing all of that out....overall I'm not pleased with anyone in the practice there, I suppose. They all seem to just want to do things quick and fast and like they don't have time to figure out the real problem. Something just doesn't feel right about all these meds...I mean, that's going to be 5 different medications within two months time. That can't be good for my body to go through and I feel like they are just wanting me to go the quick and easy route without figureing out the real problem, you know?