View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #67
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Re: WHY are MILs so terrible?

In the beginning my MIL was awful. She would challenge every single decision I made! Especially after I had my first son - she didn't like the cloth diapers, she didn't like the choice I made on feeding, she didn't like that I wouldn't let her feed him table food at 4 mos old, ect, ect, ect...

THEN my mother and father started the process of divorce and my father went on a drinking binge... AND I found out I was pregnant with #2 (oops!). MIL became a totally different person. She helped us move, cosigned for our apartment, listened to me when I cried... she was great... not that it's staying (she's becoming more like her "old" self)

My brother in law is the worst though! Not that he's rude or mean to me but he's just a lazy lump and it irks the crap out of me. He graduated top of his class from a wonderful college around here with an accounting degree almost 5 years ago and what has he done since then? Mooched off my MIL, lived in her house for free, and just a year ago got a part time job at Target unloading trucks. He doesn't get out of bed until noon-ish, whines and complains when he's awake and is just generally lazy - he expects EVERYONE to do EVERYTHING for him!