View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Re: *Autumn gardening chat * Oct-Nov 2012

alright, i thought i had a picture of it in my camera, but i didn't. so then i had to wait until the weekend to get one because i don't get home from work until after dark during the week, but this weekend it was dead so i guess the mystery continues. i'm going to try and transplant it somewhere else in the spring (which was my main reason for wanting to know what it is...i want to do it right. but i think i'm going to just wing it), so i'll know if it's a bulb or what in the spring!

sarah, it's not the first link you posted and the 2nd one wouldn't open. ah well. i'll figure it out eventually regardless, it was pretty.

i FINALLY planted my indoor garden last week! yea! i've got spinach, lettuce, radishes, and cilantro going, and they're all already up and growing! i get some crazy fast germination when i plant stuff in my house under lights. i planted on wednesday and by saturday morning when i went to check, i had little seedlings in every pot except the cilantro (which came up today) is that normal? anyways, i'm a little concerned though because last night i noticed several roly polys (sp?) crawling around the pot i have the spinach in. that pot came in from out in the garage, i'm guessing they hitched a ride? anyways, they're in my basement, so i'm not too worried about the "critters in my house" aspect as i am them damaging my veggies somehow. can roly polys do damage to plants? if they do, how do i get rid of them?

i'm also thinking of trying to get some sprouting seeds and growing sprouts over the winter, just to round out my veggie options. i'm sort of loving the challenge of finding ways to get fresh homegrown veggies in winter!

Last edited by Liadan23; 11-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote