Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #141
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are we stuck in the 1950's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
Totally agree on these two points. I thought the article was completely ridiculous, though, because it didn't seem to give men ANY credit for being able to act like... adults, I guess. It was so condescending - are there really men out there who think their wives don't love them/don't appreciate them if she doesn't lay out their pajamas or shimmy around on the floor in lingerie while wielding a scrub brush within the first few weeks of bringing a brand new person into the world? Ugh.
I don't think there are people out there who truly feel unloved, but some extra time or attention still isn't a bad idea.

Here's a different situation, possibly same feelings. My husband is in grad school, and was working 60+ hours a week for a few months. I went from having him around for dinner every night and helping put the kids to bed, to hardly having time to say "goodnight" before we both went to bed exhausted.

Was I mad at him or did I think he didn't love me anymore because he was so busy? Of course not! But if he took the extra time to stay up a little late one night even though he had to get up early so we could talk, or brought me home a treat on his way home from work I really appreciated that little bit of extra effort he was putting into connecting with me.

Did I expect it? Nope, but I still loved when it happened and it really helped me get through my crazy days and night alone with the kids knowing that he was putting a little thought into how I was dealing with all of this too.