Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #146
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are we stuck in the 1950's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae View Post
Yeah, if a woman WANTS to scrub the floor in the buff 3 days after pushing a watermelon out her hoo-ha then more power to her. Ain't happenin here and my hubby is well taken care of...and he takes good care of me when I'm down. It's a partnership, I'm his partner not his servant. He does for me when I'm down without expecting anything in return, I do for him when he's down without expecting anything in return.

I can tell you, when my husband had a kidney transplant my needs were WAY bottom of the totem pole. Only his needs mattered. Same thing when I give birth HIS needs are WAY bottom of the totem pole and only my needs and the needs of our kids matter. IMO that's how it should be. Haha, I'll have to tell him that he should have been up dusting the TV in a speedo and scrubbing the floor on his hands and knees and doing a little somethin somethin for me cuz I had sex needs y'all
So the bolded caught my eye and I wanted to respond to it, but then I scrolled down and saw that Belle had already said what I was thinking, only better. (as usual)

I do want to address the second paragraph though. First of all, the ideas aren't coming from the opposite spouse, so telling him to do such a thing isn't a parallel to the OP at all. Secondly, women are wired differently than men so your speedo idea is comical rather than practical. IME, just showing a little skin gets a husband interested, yet I find the role reversal comical rather than provocative. Bringing me flowers or writing me a sweet love note would be more effective and involve less physical work anyway.

I had a time period when I could not have intercourse for months on end. I didn't just tell DH to suck it up and deal with it. We worked around it, because it was best for both of us.