Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #150
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Re: Are we stuck in the 1950's???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
But that is not at all what the blog you linked to is saying. Please, re-read:

It's saying Dads (esp NEW dads) can need help with their emotions during this already difficult time of transition. ( .... Lord knows I need help with it! And I'm the MOM!)

And then, here are some ways you *could* help them IF they are having a bit of trouble adjusting.

I am just not seeing how that is portraying them as needy or helpless. It's just saying they are real people with feelings who might feel left out and here are some things that could maybe help with that, some ideas to try.

I really don't see why so many people are shocked or even angry over this blog post.
I guess it's just the undertone of the article that I interpret as women once again being told to put everyone ahead of themselves, even in a time when, again, in my opinion a mother should have 2 worries: mothering and healing.

Helping Daddy feeling included is one thing. I just find that *some* of the blog post is reinforcing the belief that men NEED sexual stimulation at all times and cannot be deprived of it, even in a 6 week healing period, or else you'll lose him/ he'll become miserable. Same thing with the suggestion that I should stay up extra late for him or set out his PJ's... it's just further suggetsing that I need to baby my DH to keep him happy.

Again, that is *my* interpretation.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote