View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Part-time EC success questionnaire.

We started EC almost accidentally when he was 13m and it was very clear he was going to poop. Now at 19m, he tells me most of the time when he has to pee or poop and will often walk to the potty. We use CDs when out of the house, and at both grandarents houses (as I work FT and spend 13+ hours a week commuting). He does often warn me it's potty time when we are out, though... he's used many a restaurant restroom now. Grandmothers have only in the last month started putting him on the potty because until then, they believed he was too young. He has a very low catch rate with them as he hasn't felt complete trust in them to take him every time yet. At home, he wears underwear 80% of the time, and diapers and diaper free another 10% each, and we catch 90% of the action. Diaper to sleep in... I'd like to be "day-trained" before working on nighttime. I only work for 4 more weeks, though, so I think he could be diaper-free before he's 2. He totally understands the workings of his body and the potty, wipes (front only, I do the back), flushes, closes the lid, etc. We use a ring on the toilet, not a baby potty... he already has to learn to stand one day, so I'm skipping unneccessary transitions.