Old 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #109
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Are you "supposed" to always do kick counts? My Dr. said that I never really needed to do them unless something was wrong or there was something out of the ordinary - lots of cramps, more BH ctx than normal, spotting, anything like that. I never did regular kick counts.
Personally, I don't think it's necessary to do them religiously, like every day or something. But maybe every week or 2. Definitely if you notice any changes in baby's movement, I would do them for a few days, just to be on the safe side.
I think I did them from time to time with my babies, but mostly I would just wait for their normal "patterns". If they didn't seem to be awake/moving at a normal active time for them, I would actually count and really pay attention to the movements - as opposed to just feeling/enjoying them, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I thought something like 40% of babies are breech at 20 weeks? DS's ob clinic said baby's position at 20 weeks had no bearing on how he'd end up. Is that not true?
At 20 weeks it is normal for baby to be, really, in any position - there's still lots of fluid and room in there for them to swim and move around in. Come another 6-10 weeks, and, at least for me, if baby was head down they stayed that way and if they weren't (ahem, DS2), they stayed that way as well.
But even that's not a real "rule". Truly, baby has room to flip and turn up until 36 weeks or so, and still could move (though it's not very comfortable at all for mama, from what I've heard) up until birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
and no, I know we don't do kick counts now

I have checked out spinningbabies.. sheesh.. talk about an overwhelming website! I don't even know where to start!
Gotcha. I did wonder, after posting, if you meant with her or this baby. Just didn't feel like deleting or editing!

Yes, there is a TON of info on there - or was when I looked at it with DS2, and probably is more now. I've heard the ice trick (putting ice high on your belly) works, and apparently being upside down. But at this point I wouldn't worry too much about those things, just maybe any suggestions they have for sitting or whatnot.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote