View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #19
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food suggestions during labor

Was looking around for something like this. They wouldn't let me eat anything b/c I'm a VBAC... I was told to come in with an empty stomach and was in labor for 21hrs... I was so exhausted I couldn't function, it was awful. Basically I'm looking for snacks DH can bring 'for himself' lol. It actually really pisses me off that they don;t want me to eat b/c they assume I'll end up with another section... I have a slight hope it'll be better this time since I've proven myself but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I tried to snack during labour, but would throw it all back up. I did have lots of Gatorade though, DH would pass me the bottle for a sip between each contraction. Luckily I was labouring on the toilet cause I had to pee pretty often
They did let me drink recharge (like gatorade). I was on the toilet most the time too, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksgrl126 View Post
I always recommend honey sticks, hummus, and smoothies to my doula clients.
Mmm... smoothies would be easy to sneak sips of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsMama View Post
Thats funny, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything. I was begging for some water and they gave me ice chips. I was so dehydrated they had to give me an IV. Next time I am going to eat and drink anyways even if they don"t allow it. Boo Kaiser!
Yes! Me too!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote