Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #35
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need serious help here momas! Update 10/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjb View Post
I feel like I am butting into a private conversation on this thread, but just wanted to give my two-cents. First, I found you through your thread regarding how you wash your diapers. I is a life-saver. We are just considering CD, and I finally got a few AIO in try, but the cleaning process seemed overwhelming. I couldn't understand why I couldn't use my regular detergent (ALL free and clear, sounds like I made to switch to Tide free for our sensitive skin) and your tips made me realize it doesn't have to be so hard. Thanks!
Nono, your are fine jumping in! It was just a little ot hey there you are, lol. I'm so gladto hear the washing thread has help you. It just there is so much bull going around about washing. Let's just get serious, they are diapers (soaked to the core with urine, feces, and bacteria) not gold. Wash acordingly, lol. It's helpfull to put some good old common sense out there, kwim. Not all this special care garbage. It should be easy, it is once you find your perfect for you routine. You will do great and don't sweat it if something arrises, just make small tweaks till you get it. If you end up in trouble, the strip and sanitise should give you a clean slate. I'm also here if you need 1 on 1 help. I'm absolutey no expert, just a science of washing dork. I have this need to research untill I find what works or find the answer.
Anyway, back to the topic of this thread. I hate that you are having so much trouble. In many ways you are living my homesteading dreams, especially since you are so close (I am in Southern Kentucky and grew up in Middle Tennessee). I would venture that nobody will actually end up challenging you around there, particularly starting so small with the goat.
Well, hey neighbor! I do love it hear. Ray is on my side now about just going for it. If I ever get some inheritance, we'll be going off grid to Alaska or someplace, lol.
And as far as goat milk goes, it has been a great solution for our family. We actually had both of our boys (4 year old and a 7 month old) on goat milk at around 12 weeks. I am unable to breastfeed and they were both intolerant to cow milk with various allergic reactions (I didn't like the idea of soy). We are lucky that the older one outgrew it, but I am so happy with how my younger one is doing on it. We use pasteurized because it works for us, but we do own a goat share so that we have access to raw if we want it (we have no land to raise anything of our own). Anyway, I just wanted to throw my support to somebody that helped me when I was quickly becoming very confused and overwhelmed by the cloth diapering world. I still have no idea where I will end up with it all, but thanks to you I know how to wash them! Best of luck with everything!
Glad to hear it has worked so well for you! I'm anxious to start saving up for the next step. We have so much to save up for though. Ugh. So much on our list.

And thanks for the support.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote