Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #1053
knibert
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: THANKSGIVING! KAL ~ Nov 18-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
I split for the legs on my overalls, and am ready to start the striping. I don't know how Carolyn does it, solids bore me
You learn to love solids/semis as you knit more. It IS so nice not to have to fight w/yarn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaethach View Post
It's beautiful!! Going on my list of "must knits" from handspun

Well you rock at your "thing"
thanks Mindy...a super fast knit and I knit the whole thing in the dark, so super easy too. I think it is meant to have the gathers in the back but I really like them on the side.

and yes, Carolyn sure does.

Quote:
And OMG I had to share. I was talking Christmas gifts with my mom and sis this morning (the sis in AZ that lives with/by my mom) and when I got to Pixie gift ideas, my mom texted me a pic and told me to look. She got Pixie a VINE BRANCHES WALDORF for Christmas She said she tried to stalk for months and even though it was expensive she wanted to do something "special". I about keeled over.
Mindys Mom!!!!

Quote:
There, hiccup seems to have passed

Two (2) fall colored fun stripey handspun socks
as always, your yarn is beautiful. I wish I had your love of sock knitting. I keep thinking it will come.

Quote:
I am sure I could make a ring sling, I made the ring sling I use for Pixie. I might do or buy Mei Tais for them each, or there is a "papoose" style carrier in the "Growing up sew liberated" book that would be perfect. I don't have the book yet but it'd be worth buying just for that I think.
mei tai would be so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanae View Post
I bought myself a sewing machine for Xmas with the Black Friday sale so I need to learn to use it!
yay, it should be easy to learn. It's so handy to have a sewing machine.

Quote:
Being multi craftual is dangerous though, you look at everything and think... too much $, I can do that AND make it perfect for me by doing X, x, x, and then you have a to-do list that lasts the next 3 (or 30) years

Had a nice day of knitting and American Horror Story. It just came "free" on amazon prime so I am trying it out. A few people at work are watching and told me to try it. So far it is good.