Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: Alva stealing prints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Aren't the alva double gussets a rumparooz design knockoff? Never seen either but I remember hearing that.

I think for a lot of people its about priorities. For one person buying usa is priority #1 so it comes before ease of use so they use flats/pfs or buy fewer. 30 is a big stash imo.

Eta also this was no happy coincidence. They looked specifically at the best selling diapers and found out their most popular prints. This was deliberately done to steal business.

Eta again lol to those who say alvas are made for a different market than more expensive diapers I don't believe that is true. My family was in a terrible financial position when my dd was a baby but I was working 13 hour days and daycare wasn't having prefolds. So I had 6 bg aios for daycare and the ready was pfs. Now with alva of course for the same price I can have a big 30 diaper stash if I pay coop prices. This time around I chose to get a dozen bg seconds for $150 and some flats off fsot. It doesn't make me a snob or even better than anyone else. I just made a different choice because I had different priorities at the time.
BGs didn't work for me for any of my children. Neither did Rumparoos or SB fitteds or Fuzzibunz or Softbums or a number of other. I tried. believe me I tried. Prefolds and flats meant I was having to change my daughters every 30 minutes or they were peeing through. Which with twins basically means I was always changing someone. Lucky for me, I could afford to stash hop and try new things in order to find something that works but for alot of people the only thing cloth diaper related that is in their price bracket is prefold/flats and they are intimidating to even seasoned CDers. So cloth diaper isn't looked at as a viable option because it's not affordable. I've seen good deals come up for some things on FSOT but usually they are gone almost the instant they are posted so someone who is truly shopping on a budget has little to no chance of scoring such an awesome deal. More often than not I see people mark up the prices on FSOT because of "shipping" or "handling fees" or "I have to price them high because of low ballers" etc. And even if you DO find a good deal.. it's still not as good as being able to get China cheapies new in package for about 4 dollars a diaper. For 4 dollars a diaper on the FSOT board it's listed under FFS or in UC. Even the good deals on the FSOT are more expensive than the cheapies from China, and for people who really are trying to CD on a budget, it's an option that I'm glad is there because I'd rather people CD their kids using China Cheapies than sposies. But maybe that's just my priorities.