View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Prescribed Macrobid for UTI (unconfirmed - over holiday weekend)

BACK STORY: I had a c/s (unplanned due to sort-of-failed VBAC-changed my mind after 6 hours labor - something felt wrong...I was right) Friday Nov. 16th and had issues passing urine after the procedure twice, had a foley cath then finally passed urine hours later, slow and painful but it passed. very painful and slow recovery in the hossy. Nurses did not want me to have pain meds (percocet). Trapped gas and constipation were killing me!!!

Started taking my placenta pills on Monday after discharge (11/19). 2 pills 4xdaily.

Over the holiday I developed severe pain in my urethra and bladder, called OB, on-call doc called in Keflex (allergic to penicillin and augmentin), called back and told them that I am allergic (anaphalaxis reaction) to meds, they told me that they would call in Macrobid but I had to quit BFing for 6 days. I told them I would think about it and get back to them. I called my LC and she said it's an L2 and safe to BF. Called and got script. Started pumping to build a stash so I could mix probiotics and fiber in baby's bottle (Calma by Medela) to prevent thrush. Pedi said 1/2 packet of Lactinex daily with 1/2 tsp. fiber supplement (Metamucil/Benefiber). LC said for me to take 4 packets daily (not within two hours of Macrobid). I AM SOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED WITH ALL OF THIS!!! I think DS2 has thrush now, my nipples hurt, he won't stay latched, latches shallow (issue we had the 1st week in hossy). I cannot see any patches, but I am having needle like pain in nipples and deep in breast tissue. I am two weeks and two days PP and think I am getting PPD also, couldnt' stop crying yesterday...AT EVERYTHING!!! Having flashes of thought that I 'COULD' hurt baby and I feel sick to my stomach and mortified that my brain even produced such a horendous thought!!! I'd NEVER do anything to harm him...but I am scared now. Going to OB Monday am to discuss all these issues. Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone here had some sage advice as well. I have stopped placenta pills b/c they will intensify infections. Any mama's in the same/similar boat? I can't remember to TAKE my pain meds much less write down WHEN I took them and WHEN I BF, how long, etc.!!! getting into a comfy spot to BF without 987987987987987 pillows is impossible and I am seriously considering switching to formula, this is so overwhelming...My mom came to HELP and she is taking care of my 4 y.o. son but forgetting to feed him lunch and when she does feed him it's JUNK! she is a bad cook, doesn't wipe countertops before making food, leaves things all over the place, won't to mine and DP's laundry (just kids, but the teenagers should be doing their OWN stuff! That's a weekly chore for them). She is doing the teenagers chores and letting them lay around not doing ANYTHING!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR READING MY RANT/VENT/WHATEVER...