Thread: Doppler advice
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Re: Doppler advice

I bought one for my last pregnancy and have been very reassured by it. It was fun to hear the heartbeat so early, but it also came in very handy later in my pregnancy. There were two times as I neared my due date when I just felt like something wasn't right and I hadn't felt baby move all day long. My doppler reassured me baby was still okay, but did have a lower heartrate than usual. The HR was just at the threshold of having to go to the ER. If I hadn't had the doppler, I think I would have felt it necessary to go get checked out. I think it saved me from doing that. My MW caught that decreased heartrate at an appointment a few days later and sent me straight away for a NST. Everything was fine and we don't know if baby was just laying on the cord or something. No problems after that, but I was so glad to have my doppler. This pregnancy I've been able to hear the heartbeat since 10 weeks. I only try to use it once a week or so, and just for a few seconds. I highly recommend them!