View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #66
InBloomDoula's Avatar
InBloomDoula
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 54
Re: Declined antibiotic for Group B & regretted it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prila84 View Post
Do they let you decline? after doing lots of research i've decided i want to decline if my results come back positive but our hospital won't allow us to decline (i have kaiser). Also from what I 've seen, midwives test for group B strep but usually do not administer antibiotics...
Midwives do what you consent to just like OBs and mine administered the antibiotics. I don't have personal experience with this but a friend of mine declined and her daughter was infected and is now blind as a result. She regrets it sorely. But please do you own research and make an informed choice.
InBloomDoula is offline   Reply With Quote