View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stocking stuffer ideas

This is usually what we put in stockings (2 girls and a boy).

New toothbrushes (and yes they are excited about that). I think this year I may also put in tubes of toothpaste of their favorite flavors, because the last two tubes DH bought were a flavor they don't really like, LOL).

Chocolate coins. You can only find them in stores this time of year, and for some reason they think they are really cool.

Crazy socks. Normally we just have lots of pairs of one kind of sock for each kid, but we will give one or two pairs of crazy patterned ones in the stocking and keep them until one gets lost.

Bubbles, and sometimes sidewalk chalk. They are usually on clearance now, and if not still at the dollar store.

Crayons, colored pencils, markers, pens - whatever is age-appropriate. You would be surprised how excited a little one gets about twistable crayons or dry-erase markers, a young kid about fancy ballpoint pens, or when a kid is FINALLY old enough for sharpies.

Coloring or activity books. Or a paperback/comic for older kids.

Lip balm is always good, as are soaps and lotions if they like that. For a tween girl, to finally get lip gloss or nude lipstick can be a big deal. And girls of any age often like perfume, if you can find a scent that is appropriate.

My son loves matchbox/hotwheels in his stockings.

Decks of cards or other card games, little travel games, marbles, and jacks are fun too.

The little playdohs (bought or homemade) are also a hit here.