View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #250
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Bekki, how come some have feather legs and some done? Are they all marans? Is it just my bad eyes? I binged it and searched images and there are both kinds, feather legged and non. What kind are yours? They sure are cuTTies!!! They look so simular to some of mine, lol. I agree with you that you deff have extra roos! Time to exchange, lol.

Some of the chicks have hatched, odd. Guess the fan, 100 temp, and steady lower humidity worked for the better. They all look great. The one that pipped too early has the membrain starting to stick to her whole body. Guess she got tired out? I hatched her, had to cut the feathers to free her. Her unbilicus is like the chick last week. They are doing good other than that though. I think there is another in there that pipped.

Hey, does anyone know if a really small vent on a hean has anything to do with age? My blue splash has this TINY vent. I never see her in the boxes either. Never see her mate. I have been trying the food coloring thing, and not a single egg from her. I can't even immagine an egg yould pass through?!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote