View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #61
pacgirl44
Registered Users

Re: Discriminatory shipping for Canadians?

Just chiming in with my experiences shipping, because I see a lot of conflicting information in this thread. I swap yarn with Canadians on a very regular basis, and it's true that for the lower weight items shipping to Canada is very close in cost to shipping within the US. It's when you start increasing the weight that the gap widens.

I've had mixed results trying to use the customs form number for tracking - sometimes it comes up on the USPS site, sometimes it doesn't. I've been told by USPS customer service that the custom form number is not traceable, so if an item goes missing they can't find it.

I'm active in a swapping group elsewhere, and the requirement there is proof of shipping - so if you have a stamped customs form that shows the recipient's address and a stamped shipment date, it is considered shipped. I've never had to deal with a claim in PayPal for international shipments, but I would think you could argue that if you had that form, it should be considered proof of shipment. It's a sticky situation then to figure out if the seller or buyer is responsible for the postal service losing something
pacgirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote