View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #21
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

How old are your kiddos and what program(s) are you using? I know a lot of us try to combine where we can to help save time and sanity. Math and LA are the hardest to combine....but with the other subjects you can sometimes combine and pretty wide age range. And as they get older they can do more things independently so that helps time wise too. Don't be hard on yourself though--it was just your first day. It takes a while for you and the kids to get into a routine and find what works for you.

My kiddos are 6.5, *almost* 5 and 3. I only do school with the older two, and we use My Father's World 1st grade. That program only takes around 2 hours a day to comlete and sometimes less. We live in MO though, and we have to log 1000 hours per year, so we usually log about 4-5 hours a day, although not a lot of that is sit-down work with kids this young.
And combining with in subjects... Instead of a seperate handwriting curriculum, just use copying which doubles as LA and can help with memory work.
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote