View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

Re: HSing Check-In Nov. 25--Dec. 7

Welcome to all new posters. Happy to have you!

Danielle - Funnix has computer based math and reading that would probably be great for a six year old and it's not too expensive. I have not used it personally, but am thinking of getting it after the 1st of the year. I've heard that sometimes they offer it as a free download in Jan. or Feb.

As for us... we have DS1 age 9 doing 3rd grade, DD1 age 8 doing 2nd grade, DS2 age 6 doing K, DD2 age 4 doing some Pre-K, DD3 age 2 and DD4 age 13 mos. Typically our "school" takes about 2-3 hours to complete each day. We have used My Father's World K-2nd, some Sonlight P4/5 ad K stuff, Math-U-See, Explode the Code workbooks, and lots of bits from here and there. We like unit studies and try to follow the Charlotte Mason method.

Today was a pretty good day. We got everything done by about 11:30. We will be going to get our Christmas tree this afternoon, because it's DH's day off. Happy homeschooling to everyone!