Old 11-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #236
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (November)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
AFM....getting ready to go see the diabetes Nazi... Hopefully, there will be nothing new. I'm at 4 units of Insulin in the am and 8 units at bedtime and my sugars haven't been too bad.

I didn't use my doppler at all yesterday (ok, for like one tiny minute at bedtime ) as Babe moved almost constantly I'll be 30 weeks on Friday so it may be time to send the doppler away soon....just maybe...
good luck at your appt!

I don't know if I would get rid of a doppler until the end or not - I guess it would depend on how I was feeling. But I remember at 38 or 39 weeks with Levi, one Sunday morning he was still (sleeping?) for longer than normal and I didn't feel anything for a good hour. I was just getting really worried, and about to go to the hospital, when he woke up and started moving like normal. I would have liked to have a doppler handy at that moment.
But that was only one moment out of all the weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
I had inconsistent symptoms at the beginning of this pregnancy....very scary after a loss, but I think the hormones just fluctuate.
They definitely do, and it definitely can be scary - especially after a loss, when you're analyzing every.little.thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
AFM: had an OB appt yesterday. The nurse called me back and started to take my vitals, then I heard "Dr. Aqua's got a delivery." And new I wouldn't be seeing him then. Boo! The nurse offered for me to see a different doc and I said yes because I didn't want to have to drive to the doc again. This OB was nice. He did the doppler and found the baby's HB for like 2 seconds but didn't really search more. If I hadn't been using my doppler at home I'd have been quite disappointed in that. I got bloodwork orders to do the 2hr. glucose test now rather than waiting until 28 weeks because I had GD with my son. So I'll go do that. Hopefully the results are negative.
Shucks, sorry about you missing your own OB - I suppose another birth is a valid excuse
good luck on the GD testing! Is 28 weeks when they normally do it? I couldn't remember, when I was trying to think back.
IHA - XS & Small pockets, NB & Small AIOs/AI2s
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote