View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Low/No Purine Recipes (ie Gout Diet) I need Vegan help!

Back then I really liked this recipe. I dislike using lasagna noodles and so only made this occasionally with the pricier noodles that do not require pre-cooking. But it was a nice contribution to family get-togethers: VEGETABLE LASAGNA

6 regular lasagna noodles (or 9 of the oven-ready noodles)
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 cups non-fat or 1% cottage cheese (I like most brands of non-fat,
because they tend to have a little more bite.)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 10 oz package frozen chopped broccoli or one 9 oz package frozen
french-style green beans
4-5 green onions, rinsed well and sliced
1 cup skim milk
4 tsp cornstarch
tsp dried dillweed
Dash of pepper (I prefer using a pepper mill)
1 cup shredded part-skim mozarella cheese
Nonstick spray coating
cup grated parmesan

Cook lasagna noodles (unless the oven-ready kind) according to package directions. Drain; set aside. Cook broccoli or green beans and set aside (can be microwaved in their packages until lightly cooked.)
Stir together egg whites, cottage cheese, and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook green onions in cup water, covered for 3 minutes. Do NOT drain. Combine skim milk, cornstarch, dillweed, and pepper. Add all at once to the green onion. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add mozarella, stirring until melted. Stir in broccoli or green beans.
Spray 1 quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating. Place two noodles in the dish (cut and rearrange if necessary). Spread 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, and 1/3 of the parmesan over the noodles. Repeat layers two more times. Cover the dish with foil.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes; then remove foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote