View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long before breastfeeding becomes "weird" to you?

I don't have an opinion for anyone other than me. Personally, I have always wanted to nurse till 2 years. Due to issues, that has never happened with any of my previous 5. 16 months was the longest, which wasn't weird at all. I am really hoping to make it to 2 years with this baby. I think that is my limit. However, I'm sure the day they turn 2 it won't suddenly become weird to me since I would have been nursing them them since birth. I just think that is when it will be time to start weaning if I haven't already.

It would be a little odd to me to nurse my now 2.5 year olds, but that is only because they stopped nursing at 16 months, over a year ago. If I'd been doing it the whole time, I'm sure it would seem totally normal.

I don't really know that I think of it as weird at any young age. I mean, if they are still nursing at 8, I find that weird. But, any toddler or young preschooler seems fine to me.