View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
MandaMommy2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desibob
My son also has silent reflux. We've been giving him some medication his pediatrician prescribed. I stopped consuming dairy for about three weeks to see if it helped, but I didn't see a difference in that time. I then decided to try dairy again (a splash of milk in my tea), and boy it messed him up big time. He was crying and fussy all the next three days. I felt so bad! Now it's back to no dairy again. I miss eating yogurt and drinking milk everyday, but what is a mom to do. He's doing a bit better with his medication, but he's still having gas issues.

Does anyone know if goat milk causes problems too? I bought some and put a teeny tiny amount in my tea, but then got scared and only had a sip. Lol. I just don't want to upset his tummy again.
My Ped told me to avoid goat milk too because its still a foreign protein. My daughter is allergic to milk and soy and takes pepsid everyday for her gerd but her milk allergy in severe and even cross contamination upsets her. Maybe check with your Ped or a LC. I know Wic told me that might be able to add back some dairy or goats cheese when the baby was about ten months for for now to steer clear. I miss milk too but you know what I don't think my body does. My skin has cleared up and my chronic constipation is resolving itself. I'm actually considering staying dairy free forever lol. They sell coconut yogurt but I haven't tried it bc it's pricy but my whole family is loving the almond milk. Maybe you could try that in your tea.
MandaMommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote